On site and across the surrounding area, Meadowland residents will find themselves catered to by an enormous range of amenities that reflect the area’s growth and prosperity – new local centres that will form a hub of education, community and leisure activities, and further afield some of the most striking retail, leisure and sporting opportunities in Europe.
- Westfield Stratford City, Europe's largest in-town shopping centre – 300 branded name outlets, 24-hour lifestyle, 14 screen Vue cinema.
- Newly-flourishing and traditional markets of Barking town centre.
- Huge infrastructure and transport improvements directly associated with the Games.
- Abbey Sports Centre, Barking – health and fitness gyms, squash courts, swimming pool.
- Mayesbrook Park – parkland, lakes, wildlife and thriving Canoe Club.
- AdiZone – multisport outdoor gym and fitness trails.
- Barking Park – funfair and fireworks.
- Beam Valley and Eastbrookend – country parks for relaxation.
- Picturesque Roding Valley - village life, country lifestyle.
- The Rivergate School and Community Centre forms an essential part of the community, with school and nursery facilities, healthcare services, places of worship, café and foyer events. The school development includes extra-curricular recreational activities and amenities available to the wider community – floodlit sports pitches, climbing wall.
- The District Centre is planned as part of later phases and includes a sustainable and innovatively designed new secondary school, as well as plans for a mosque and retail superstore within Barking Riverside.
On site, two new centres will offer health, schooling and leisure activities for residents and ensure that they have all essential facilities on their doorstep from day one.